Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

explorer crash... but only in 1 profile....

• Please log in to reply

magmaman

magmaman

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi guys,
this is a really bizzar error let me give you a quick rundown of the infrastructure first...

we have a bundle of networked computers running win nt, and a couple running xp talking to and nt server. the profiles are roming. all the profiles have been fine until now, when i load profile A on the nt machines it boots and an ie window attempts to open, the tour thingo, when you attempt to close that then it half reboots windows and all the programs in the startup load again , then if you try and close any explorer windows it does it again ... etc etc...
when i load profile A on the xp machines it runs fine.
when i load profile B on the nt machines everything is hunky dory and works fine..

i am very confused currently and can't work pout whats wrong... so if anyone has any ideas please let me know!

also it cant be a virus or adware and there is no outside access to the machines.

thanks
MM

Advertisements

magmaman

magmaman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
BUMP

anyone? anyone at all? :tazz:

magmaman

magmaman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i don't mean to be pushy but surely someone knows something.....
anything...................
anything at all......................

please?