Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop wallpaper (forcing/refresh/change)

• Please log in to reply

bazza23

bazza23

• Pip
  • 1 posts
All,
Im interested in changing my desktop background in NT4 by using reg settings. I have created a number of reg files(1 for each different desktop) to change it which works nicely changing it in the reg and in the desktop properties (where you actually see the wallpaper when applying it in the normal process) but it doesnt apply the background. Our users dont have access to properties on the desktop as it is restricted hence the reason why id like to do it with reg settings. It applies it when we log out and log back in, Im looking at having 7 desktop wallpapers which our users will be able to select and change at their choice. Im wondering if anyone knows any way to force/apply the change so that the desktop updates.
please help.
thanks
Barry

Advertisements

fflowergirl

fflowergirl

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Hi Barry.
I don't think this is answering your question but it does have to do with desktop
backgrounds. :tazz:

I wonder how many people know that all you have to do is right click on any
picture, and then click on 'set as desktop background' or 'set as wall paper' to
have it as your desktop background?

Just go to your saved pictures on your computer (or any picture you find on the
Internet will generally work.)

Then when you minus out or close out or however you do it, the desktop picture
will be there to see.

Did you already know this about right clicking on the picture? ;)
The picture remains when logging in and out.
The picture is changed by right clicking on another picture!

It also can be set to have rotating pictures.
I can tell you how but you probably already know how to do that!

Sincerely, Janie ;)

Edited by fflowergirl, 24 July 2005 - 10:17 PM.