Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

No Post, no Video signal...

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey folks.

6800 GT
AMD Athlon 64-Bit 3000+
Asus K8V-SE Deluxe
60 GB 7200 RPM Western Digital HDD
16x DVD-ROM, 48x24x48 CD-RW
1GB PC 3200 RAM

Well last Friday I upgraded my computer to add 1GB PC 3200 RAM, a 500 Watt PSU and a new headset.

Everything was put in whithout a hitch, but when I pressed the power button...all the fans (CPU, Case) and lights (motherboard, fan LED's) turn on but no video signal is going to the monitor.

So, I figured the graphics card wasn't seated correctly...it was fine. Memory? Fine CPU? Removed it 3 times and applied new thermal paste and the HSF properly.

So...I put my system back to the way it was before the upgrade, same thing.

I got another graphics card to test, same thing.

Then I found a guide made by a mod here and followed EVERYTHING on it.

Still...same thing.

The thing that gets me is that this motherboard has worked with no problems for a year now, I have taken it out to clean it, messed with it etc. Never had this problem.

I also have made sure all of the power connectors are applied.

Anyways some help would be appreciated.

Edited by absolute10, 24 July 2005 - 08:15 PM.

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Sorry for the double post but...

I see that where I place the graphics card there is a circuit scratched up and out... :tazz:

Edited by absolute10, 24 July 2005 - 08:35 PM.