Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT Processor question....

• Please log in to reply

pomp

pomp

the man

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
Hello. I purchased the intel p4 3.4 GHz HT processor.. the 550J model... and it comes with a fan and heatsink.. I've been reading reviews about this processor where the heatsink and fan are loud and the temp of the computer gets even too hot with those stock heatsink and fan... is this like true? Or should I buy a different cpu cooler and not the one that came with the processor? Thanks, hope to hear from someone.

Edited by pomp86, 24 July 2005 - 08:54 PM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
Try the stock one, and see what your experience is before buying another. I bet it will be just fine. :tazz:

pomp

pomp

the man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
lol I hope it's just fine.. there's going to be like 6 fans total.. I'll control the noise :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If you are going to buy an intel heat and noise are to be expected when you buy it. Stock coolers are usually better than every one seems to hear, often one person gets a duffer and the tale sreads across the internet, if there is a problem with the unit the next batch released will have it fixed.