Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

self build

• Please log in to reply

mrqmax

mrqmax

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Loaded XP pro,,,,,,,,,,, boot up the system,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Windows loading,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, File/i386/ntkrnlp.exe could not load system error 4??????????????????? now what...... have boot and reboot

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
1. Check your CD for scratches and/or smudges.

2. Test your memory with memtest86 loaded to a bootable floppy disk.

mrqmax

mrqmax

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok, disk is good. I run it in another computer, I did see as I was looking through the files of the XP disk that there were i386files most of them seem to be read only if that's even relevent.

It does keep telling me that: line 5765 ( or another # )of the INF file/ i386/txtsetup.sif is invalid setup cannot continue.

Just to kind of determine whether or not it was a disc problem I tryed to use my win95 and got the same results.

every few reboots I get the check your IDE cables or a screen of gobbldy gook. Ive replaced all new cables with newer.

Where would I get the memory test 86 you were refering to

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE

mrqmax

mrqmax

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
OH............... I found the memory test
THANKS

mrqmax

mrqmax

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
OK <_<

Line ###### of the INF/i386/txtsetup.sif. Refers to, as far as i can tell the Ram.

I pulled out the mem stick looked it over, it looked fine. Then it dawned on me did I have it in the right DIMM slot........................................................
the answer is................................................................................ no!
looked in the MB guide book. no help.
popped it in the other ( the DIMMB1 slot)...........................booted up

WHAM!
BAM!

Windows is now loading

Thank You ...... this was a good starting point for a newbie. I learned tons

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
You're welcome! Don't forget to turn on your Windows Firewall and run Windows Update as soon as Windows is loaded. :D

If you don't, you'll get the sobig virus very quickly, especially if you're on broadband. <_<