Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Nvidia graphic card issues

• Please log in to reply

Aaron89

Aaron89

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
I bought a GeForce 5500 OC 256 MB graphics card 2 weeks ago, I uninstalled all older drivers and then put new card in, installed drivers etc..., I then go to play a game and within minutes of being ingame my computer will reboot itself or give me a BSOD, I updated to the 2 newest versions and got the same error. It's a real pain so if someone could help I'd really appreciate it.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,501 posts
Is the power supply up to the task? Sounds like your new video card is too much for it.

Aaron89

Aaron89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
http://oca.microsoft...c079c95d&SID=10

after sending in my error report after it reboots me that's the page it sends me to.

Aaron89

Aaron89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
does anyone know how I can fix it?

Aaron89

Aaron89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
now I cannot rip my cd's onto my computer without it freezing

Edited by Aaron89, 28 July 2005 - 12:08 PM.

tenbroya

tenbroya

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Listen to the Admin dude (cheers great site!) and look at the power rating for your power supply (measured in watts).

Then post back telling us your PC setup - i.e. How many drives, PCI/AGP cards, processor and me may be able to help a bit more.

Tenbroya :tazz:

Aaron89

Aaron89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I don't think it's a power problem this is the page error report takes me to after my computer reboots itself.

http://oca.microsoft...9f9eb407&SID=11

I have a A, C and D drive, the new video card is an AGP and I had this problem with my old video card as well it was a Geforce 4 mx 440 64 MB. I've heard there is a problem with Nvidia and ATI cards called infinite Loop something but I'm not very good with computer hardware so I have no idea what that means.