Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

amd vs intel

• Please log in to reply

battlefield nut

battlefield nut

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
i was just thinking what would be a beter processor for gaming amd or intel :tazz:

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Hands down AMD.

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Hands down AMD.

View Post

SoccerDad

SoccerDad

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
AMD...better for everything IMHO

Be well, SD

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Well, the only thing Intel bests AMD in, is video editing.

SoccerDad

SoccerDad

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
Thanx for the info Metalive! I don't do much (read: none) video editing, so that is a handy tidbit.

Be well, SD

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
And music encodin as well, high end professional stuff is what intel are made for they are not designed with the average home user in mind where the athlon series is designed for your everyday person.

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
AMD is much better for gaming at the moment. I once asked someone why that is and they told me AMDs mostly work in floating point (which is what games use) and Intel work more with integers (which is why they are better with multi-tasking).

I read that in the future one of their future processors are gonna work more with floating point to compensate for this, but i have no idea how true that is. :tazz:

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Even still, it's going to be hard to win over the AMD fans...

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
AMD- 3 letters to live by

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Intel never will because by that time amd will be rattlin out cpus that will handle integer just as well as they handle floating point. Mind you if those cell processors ever make there way into pcs amd and intel will both be up the creek.

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
AMD sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tazz:

Chumara

Chumara

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
The only reason I buy intel is because it supports DDR2 memory and it has better built in functions such as speedstep and its alot better on heat my computer with an amd gets alot hotter than my intel machine, but its still a good processor and cheaper if you're in a tight budget.

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

AMD sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :tazz:

View Post

Well, according to your quote, Intel also sucks. So what's good?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Are you high on somethin AMD hotter than an intel. Unless there is something wrong with the hsf the amds are a good 10 degrees cooler than there intel counterparts. And ddr2 is rather unproven and isnt as good for games as plain old ddr one of the main reasons amds arent using it yet. Of eveybody that i usually lan with all of them with intel wish they had an amd instead.