Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

amd vs intel

• Please log in to reply

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

The only reason I buy intel is because it supports DDR2 memory and it has better built in functions such as speedstep and its alot better on heat my computer with an amd gets alot hotter than my intel machine, but its still a good processor and cheaper if you're in a tight budget.

View Post

LMAO!!!!!

Advertisements

neilp4453

neilp4453

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
i have a 530j. it was a huge mistake only because of no 64-bit processing. i should of gone to amd since it has that. but i read that ddr2..for now... has only a slight increase in speed verus the regular ddr.

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
AMD is currently slightly faster then Intel in Gaming but this goes back and forth every year or two. The only AMD platform anyone sould be considering is the AMD64. However Intel platforms with Intel Chipsets are more reliable and stable in the long run and always have been.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
erm where are you getting that mate, intel machines are flaky as [bleep] compared to amd the XP cpus are rock solid and well out live and out perform a great many intel cpus. And the amd64s are proably the most stable cpu on the market and amd have held the gaming crown for a while now.

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I'm getting this from the fact that I build them daily and have been for 15 years.

tenbroya

tenbroya

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

AMD sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :tazz:

View Post

LMAO!! :)

Wot planet r u on dude. AMD kick the proverbial [bleep] ;) . It will take another year for Intel to make a processor as good and as versatile as the FX-57.

My Verdict: Intel SUCKS

Edited by tenbroya, 03 August 2005 - 04:33 AM.