Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pc would not start

• Please log in to reply

richy779

richy779

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
hello,

I am using a Compaq presario pc and i am writing from my friends computer. The computer would not start. First it says that i need to replace my keyboard then when i replaced my keyboard with another one... it goes in to a cycle with different stages. First it will show the compaq logo and then it show the safe mode screen which it makes you choose 1. start in safe mode 2. start in safe network mode or something like that and the fourth option is to start in an normal mode and then when i click on something it will go to window XP startup then it will go to the compaq thing again. it may sound confusing but can anyone help

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hello. When you select safe mode at boot up, it just goes through the same loop you described? You are not able to boot to safe mode at all? Do you have a windows install cd, or a bootable recovery cd that came with your Compaq computer? You could boot to that and try doing a repair install.