Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Problems with my ATI X700 Pro 256MB for AGP 8x

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey guys, i have been tyring to fix this ever since, but as hard as I try, I cant seem to get the reason that is causing this. And this is the place i should turn to, to get professional help from experts. I will give you guys my basic system specs, but if you need the MORE ADVANCED specs, please let me know, because i can get them for you.

My problem is, I am getting very bad frames in CS:Source/Half Life 2 and Battlefield 2, the only reason i bought this card is i thought it would handle those two games flawlessly as well as newer games that are coming out. But it isn't working out so right, i get an average of 40 frames in Source and during an intense firefight in CS 1.6, i do get below 60fps for a quick second. I know this ATI X700 Pro isnt the video card that would give that kind of performance. Obviously this card to me in this state is just throwing $200 into a garbage can.

My comp specs: AMD Athlon XP 3000+ | 2 x 512 MB PC3200 RAM | ATI Radeon X700 PRO AGP8X | Asus A7V8X-LA (Kelut) (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN, IEEE-1394)

What I have done and DID NOT WORK: Cleaned the drivers TWICE, Reinstalled numerous amounts of times, Have tried the lastest drivers (Omega Drivers and ATI Catalyst 5.6) currently i have the Omega Driver, Switched everything to High Performance (the lowest possible).

So, if anyone have any suggestions or ideas that I can do to improve, or anyone that has fixed this problem, please reply to my post or PM me or send me an instant message on AIM: xXTheHitman90Xx

Thanks for your time.