Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

spyware

• Please log in to reply

vivien208

vivien208

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, there. I am desperately looking for help!!!!!!!!

I couldn't open a lot of my applications, it always says "Windows cannot find '*(whatever I am trying to open, e.g. MSN, realplay,IE etc). exe'. Even when I try to open control panel, it says 'Windows cannot find rundll32.exe'.

It seems is kind of spyware,. ;) I have download some spyware removers, but when I couldn't run them, error message will pop up again says 'Window cannot find C:\Document and Setting\..\..\noadware.exe" (I have downloaded noadware, pcOrion and Xoftspy415_102, but none of them works)

Much appreciated for your help!!!!!!!!! :tazz:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Try this, though it may not work in your particular case, it won't do any harm either: Download the FIXWEN.INF file from here:
http://vil.nai.com/vil/averttools.asp
When you have it, right-click it and choose 'install' from the menu.
Reboot your PC when it's finished installing.

vivien208

vivien208

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!! It works. I can now use XoftSpy and PcOrion to scan my PC. Not surprisingly there are number of threats founded, but my PC seems runnning without any problem. Do I still need to either i) format the harddisk and reintall the operating system or ii) purchase the anti spyware softwares??

Many thanks for your adice!

Appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Run these if you do not have them

http://www.filehippo...re/antispyware/

You should not need to buy spyware protection, it is unusual to get a piece of spyware the combination of these cannot remove, or you could not remove by consulting the Malware Team

If it is running well leave it without formatting etc