Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

a significant problem after installing xp

• Please log in to reply

mohammad7057

mohammad7057

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi to all
please help me .
i have a significant problem after installing windows Xp . the problem is that when i install windows xp after 1 or 2 or
maybe sometimes 5 restarts or shutdowns my computer doesn't bootup correctly . i mean that it freezes for more than 4 min
on the "Welcome screen" but welcome message is not shown on the screen instead it's written "windows is starting up" after
that the windows boots up and passes this long boot process and i get to the desktop screen i see that my sound card and
modem are uninstalled . Xp theme is disabled and many parts of control panel does not work .

my computer specs:
HDD : 80 GB Maxtor
VGA : SIS 630
Sound card : C-Media
CPU : intel 1100 MHZ
RAM : 128 MB SDRAM
Mother board : ASUS

it's 3 years that i'm using this computer and never had such problem with xp but almost 5 months ago it occured by itself
and after 3 months fixed by itself . i couldn't understand what the problem was . now again this problem has occured .
i am sure that it is not viruse or such thing because i have searched for viruses by almost every antiviruse available .
even by the internet so it can not be viruse . i thought that it may be my Motherboard's Battery . i replaced it with a
new one but it was no use . i even have tried almost 10 different versions and XP CDs but it was no use .
i can't figure out it's software or hardware problem
i hope some one can help .
tanx :tazz:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If it boots okay in safe mode (tried it?) I would say it's a driver or device issue. Most likely suspects are modem, graphics and sound.
Go into device manager, uninstall each in turn and remove that device or disable in BIOS if it's integrated like sound and/or graphics. Start PC after each device uninstall/disable. When Windows boots normally, the last device you uninstalled must be the culprit.

Edited by pip22, 25 July 2005 - 09:59 AM.