Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unistall problem

• Please log in to reply

nick11uk

nick11uk

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have just uninstalled a demo that i had saved in my folder so i knew where it was. when it cam to uninstalling it, i was asked if i would like to deleete the demo and all of my folders contents and without thinking i pressed yes. I have know lost all my work and pictures that i need. Im sure there must be someway of retriving the data! can anyone help? it would b greatly apreatiated.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Have you looked in the recycle bin?

Johanna

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Try doing a system restore. Its a very handy little feature available in the Windows' operating systems that automatically stores restore points in your PC once you've modified the system in a certain way - installed/uninstalled a program, for example - so that you can always revert your computer back to its previous state just in case a new piece of software kills the computer, or you've removed important components of the system unknowingly.
Go to Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools and click on System Restore, then browse through all your recent restore points until you find a suitable one - then restore it, and hopefully this will rectify the issue. :tazz:

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
System Restore does not monitor data file extensions, just protected Windows System Files.

Johanna