Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Geforce 6600GT media player crashes

• Please log in to reply

Dr Who

Dr Who

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Lots of people are having the same problem as me on the Nvidia forums but no one has a solution, so maybe you guys could help me I have the latest 77.76 BETA driver installed but my video files crash on media player making it take up 100% of CPU. Also On GTA San Andreas the intro movie crashes. I can play movies when "hardware Acceleration" is set to a 1/3. I read somewhere that downloading codec's might help but i dont really know which could help me ?

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
Don't use beta drivers. :tazz:

Use an older driver and the problem should be gone until they figure out the problem in the beta.

Dr Who

Dr Who

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ive tried the 77.72 and the 77.30 but problem still there, ill see what happens if i go lower. But would any codec fix the problem?, it crashes with all video files (avi, Mpeg, wmv, etc.)

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Go back further the whole 77 set of drivers is pretty glitchy from what ive heard.

Dr Who

Dr Who

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok im on the 66.93 and movies work! Im going to try out some games that didnt work before. thanx for the advise.

altism

altism

• Pip
  • 1 posts
OK, Ive been trying to find a solution for this problem as well. I've tried 77.77, 77.72, 71.89 and all cause video files to lock up my machine. I can Ctrl-Alt-Del out and shut it down w/o stability problems. Driver 66.93 works for me but BF2 doesn't like that driver. Since the last post before this was from July, has there been any solution found for this problem? If someone knows, please post a link or advice.