Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

call of duty

• Please log in to reply

gritbox

gritbox

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
whats the latest call of duty game you can get?? is there one coming out soon, i mean is it worthwhile me just buying it for the first time now? i cant WAIT for F.E.A.R to come out, looks amazin!!

Advertisements

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Call of Duty 2 is coming out in a few months.

I think right now there is just the original CoD, and an expansion pack. You can probably get it pretty cheap.

And yes, F.E.A.R. does look brilliant. But it's going to require a monster of a PC to play on high unless more optimization occurs before it's release. (I'm playing the beta)

gritbox

gritbox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
hey, is there anywhere i can get the beta too?

ive got p3.2 intel 4, 1.5 gb ddr ram an 256 gforce card, will that be enuff?

cheers

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Unfortunately no. You recieve access into the multiplayer beta by preordering the game. Entry deadline has already passed and the testing is about to end. Sorry.

But your PC could handle it, just not with everything on high. Bear in my mind this is a next gen game.

gritbox

gritbox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
ah right, ah well!!

ok, so what would i need to do to my pc to make it handle everything!? i thought my pc was pretty good too!!!

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
It is a good system, but as I said this game is running next generation software. I know one guy ran this with an FX-57 2x 7800GTX's in SLI and 2 gigs of ram at only 90FPS with everything on high. I hear the new "soft shadow" technology is what impacts the systems the hardest.

Of course, more optimization will occur before it is released to make it run easier on lower end systems, so honestly, I can't really predict. What video card do you have exactly? 6600, 6800, 6800GT...etc?

gritbox

gritbox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
hey. its an fx5200 128 actually. is that crap? could a dell d4600 get upgraded easily to a better card?

cheers

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Yeah, that's a pretty bad card. I don't even think it meets the MINIMUM requirements for FEAR.

I don't know anything about Dells though.