Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing Panda Platinum 2005

• Please log in to reply

blondy

blondy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
So im trying to install panda. it all goes well untill, after doing the actual installing, it asks me if i want to install internet restriction (cant remember what it calls it, but thats what it does) now or install it later. If i click anything or just wait a second or two i get this error:

The instruction at "0x00db9770" referenced memory at "0x00db9770". The memory could not be "written".
Click OK to terminate the program.

So i click OK and it comes up again with a diffrent header, repeat several times before it goes away. Among the headers i noticed were SVCHOST.EXE and WINLOGON.EXE. When it goes away it restarts windows and i can log on. Every time i try i get the same error. Iv managed to get on again by running windows in safe mode and using system restore to set back to before i started installing panda. Every time i try the same thing happens.

This PC was built to my specs and had all the basics installed on it (including panda) by the builders, the reason im installing it now is because iv just clean installed windows. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you tried installing from Panda

http://www.pandasoft...ree/?idIdioma=2

blondy

blondy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Actualy iv already fixed it. Thats pretty much what i did tho. I just downloaded the free trail and activated it with my username and password asif id just bought it and had them emailed to me. Thanks man.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you enter the username and password you use in configure the updates, check data, which gives you the username and password are valid, in the downloads for clients, it will take you to your own download, currently 35MB for Panda Internet Security.

Good that you are covered.

Thank you for letting me know