Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

the strangest thing I have ever seen :\ [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

<y[]DeR

<y[]DeR

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, I have a GOOD one for anyone, firstly this is the problem :tazz:....i was going to play online pool the other day, and my pc was acting fairly weird so i ctrl atl del and check my task manager, there was a program in there called "hi[bleep].exe" i was like hmmmmm.... So i ran AVG, it found a trojan and that was all, i deleted the trojan, but noticed that is did not tell me that "hi[bleep].exe" was infected.. I have WInXP, well i know the file name right, so i searched my c: drive found it in the c:\ and in the prefetch, so i del them both....searched the registry and deleted it from there as well....then i checked my msconfig and removed it from startup, rescanned everything and it was gone. so i was like, how do u like that huh?? well i rebooted my pc, checked task manager just to be sure and it was gone ;).....then it happened....i connected to my usual dial-up account and checked my task manager and there it was, it came back and respawned itself to all of its places :\ sys restore is off, google + yahoo.com do NOT have even ONE web page at all about this mysterious thing.....ad aware se (updated) says my pc is clean, avg says it is ok, but it def. does not sound legite to me :\ It has me confused on how it is respawning itself, and it only seems to happen whenever I connect to my internet, I am using firefox browser, and I do not have to open it up for this exe file to add itself as a process to my task manager¿ any one with any idea......i would greatly appreciaite it.....yes, a simple format would do the trick, but anyone will agree, if you can do it without formatting why not do it.

Advertisements

Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,019 posts
Hi and welcome to GeeksToGo! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. :tazz:

Please visit this page and scroll down to Step 5. Follow the instructions there to download a tool called Hijackthis and post a log here as a reply to this post.

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,019 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.