Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help with wireless internet

• Please log in to reply

S3C7A

S3C7A

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i have a desktop computer with comcast cable modem connected through usb... its been working fine for about two years... i just got a notebook computer and i purchased a d-link router... i connected an ethernet cable from the modem into the wan port on the router... and an ethernet cable from the 1 port to the computer... the internet on the laptop works great... but now the internet on the desktop stopped working and a message balloon pops up stating ERROR: IP ADDRESS CONFLICT WITH OTHER COMPUTER. CLICK HERE TO FIX THE PROBLEM. it tries to renew ip address but is never successful. ive tried changing the modem conncetion to computer by using ethernet for a connection to my computer instead of usb... but now my computer does not recognize my modem and the internet still works great on the laptop. plz help me as soon as possible. thx..

Advertisements

S3C7A

S3C7A

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
sorry admin can u place this topic into the rite forum section thx plz sorry