Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't turn OFF read & delivery receipt request

• Please log in to reply

duckncvr

duckncvr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've searched this forum and couldn't find anything on this exact topic, so forgive if it's been posted before and i just missed it..

I've had Outlook 2003 for a while, used it initially with yahoo (using dial up) and all was well. Then I got a calbe modem (comcast) and now every email I send requests a read and delivery receipt.. It's driving me nuts!!

I checked the settings in tools>options>email options>tracking options and these boxes are UNchecked. I open an email, go to view>options and these boxes are UNchecked. I write and send the email. I go to the SEnt folder, open the mail, view>options and blam! The read and delivery request boxes are CHECKED.!!! and then of course I get the delivery receipt and read receipt (when applicable)...

Grr! Has anyone seen this problem before? I've tried detect and repair, removing and reinstalling, tearing my hair out and throwing a fit, posting to other forums... nothing has helped!

Has anyone seen this before? Not sure if it could be somehow comcast related since i've never had a problem like this before?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
i have never seen that at all....but it shouldn't be related to comcast at all.....

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
it won't fix the problem but you can have those reciept notifications sent directly to your deleted items box...for now