Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Error Message on Desktop

• Please log in to reply

Ferrante

Ferrante

• PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
[attachment=2563:attachment]I downloaded a small game through Limewire and once I executed the install file, I knew something was up. Immediately my screen changed colors and and now I get an error message saying a fatal error occured in IE by Trojan_syp.html.smitfraud.c

I ran my Trend and it said that I have two viruses: 1. worm_vb.as and 2. troj_small.amg It said it could do nothing with either one and I think two files were quarrentined, the initial one with the game and one other. I deleted them both, but I am still having problems. I tried to run regedit, but the window disappears as fast as it opens. Can someone please help me get rid of these infections? Thanks in advance for your help!

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

Ferrante

Ferrante

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

View Post

----------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you so much!! I think you helped me do the trick! I went to the website you suggested and followed the instructions at the top of the page (Start Here or something like that) and went step-by=step and that did it!! I am very pleased! I am going back there to read the article on how to avoid these types of problems in the past and again, Thanks!!