Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Transfering Data

• Please log in to reply

godfather1013

godfather1013

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Dell computer with a 20gig harddrive installed. I recently installed a 70gi g harddrive in a vacant slot. Is it possible to transfer all the data on the 20gig hard drive, program files and all, to the larger hard drive?

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Hi godfather1013, and welcome to Geek to Go! <_<

What brand of hard drive did you purchase? They usually come with software for doing exatly that.

godfather1013

godfather1013

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi godfather1013, and welcome to Geek to Go! :D

What brand of hard drive did you purchase? They usually come with software for doing exatly that.

View Post

Hi Admin. I purchased a Maxtor 6E020L0. I don't recall seeing anything in the installation software enabling me to transfer everything from my c drive to the new f drive. It just adds it as another storage point. <_<

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
See this MaxBlast topic:
http://maxtor.custhe...hZ2U9MQ**&p_li=