Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ATi X800 XL AGP Issue

• Please log in to reply

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
I just purchased an ATi X800 XL AGP 2 days ago. I've noticed the lack of FPS in Counter-Strike Source. Apparently, my old card hit 60 FPS, and this one gets 30+ FPS with the settings the same as my previous card. This is sort of infuriating because this wasn't a cheap card, and am not getting the most out of it.

Is there something missing? Do I still have to configure it more?

Please help me out here... I don't want to feel like all that money went to the trash.

Thanks,
Matt

EDIT:
Yes, I have the latest drivers.

Edited by FalloutYear, 25 July 2005 - 04:04 PM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,501 posts
Was your previous card an nVidia? Did you uninstall all the previous drivers? Might try http://drivercleaner.net

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Yes.
I used the "Add and Remove Programs" tool. My previous card was an nVidia.

Section

Section

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Well guess I should be following on this thread too, I have a X700 PRO and i have the exactly same problem as you, i know this card has more potential than to get around 40fps.

I have done some research, and I have some suggestions that maybe the onboard graphics is interfering with the video card which might give choppy frames. If you guys come up with any more ideas please feel free to post too. And fallout, if you ever do get the solution for solving this please PM me, because Ive had it for weeks

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You should definately make sure you have onboard gfx disabled from bios and that you have used driver cleaner to get rid of lod drivers also you should make sure you have the latest catalyst drivers, i love my x800xl gettin around 60ish fps in counter strikes ource at max settings, my game hasnt improved though now because im distracted by all the pretty effects i have never been able to see before, the water in chateu is just so real looking,

Section

Section

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Well, i would if i knew how. But all I see is just the video setting that gives me the option of AGP/Onboard or PCI. And my Power Supply wouldnt be a problem too, its a 450Watt Surepower and i have athlon xp 3000 and 1 gig RAM and an asus motherboard, thats way enough to run this comp even with my video card plugged in to the PSU
My bios is Award BIOS Type Phoenix - Award BIOS v6.00PG

Edited by Section, 26 July 2005 - 05:25 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
any luck, my wireless cut out some one must have a phone or something on the same band.