System won't power up
Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:44 PM
Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:50 PM
First thing to check is the obvious, so please don't think I'm being patronising!
1. Firstly, can you check the connections - make sure the 4 pin cpu power connector from the PSU to the motherboard, is plugged in
2. Make sure you have connected the soft power switch from the front of the case to the front panel header on the motherboard correctly.
Check these first please before we go any further.
Posted 25 July 2005 - 07:52 PM
OK, before we try anything, I need to check a few details with you :
1. Am I right in thinking that mobo has an integrated video card as well as an agp slot, and that you are using an external video card (geforce 5200)?
2. Can you tell me what you have set the FSB jumper (JP3) on the mobo to?
3. What speed was the cpu running at when it was working?
4. What procedure did you follow when you installed the heatsink/fan and have you removed the heatsink from the cpu at any point at all, since you first installed it?
5. Did you notice the system shut itself down (or reboot) at random at any point when it was working?
6. Did you happen to notice what temperature the cpu was running at before?
One last thing - you said you swapped out the psu but did you also change the power lead? I just want to eliminate the possibility of a blown fuse in the plug!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users