Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

setting up video downloads using dreamweaver

• Please log in to reply

kabes0202

kabes0202

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i am using dreamweaver to create a website. in using dreamweaver, i know how to use a plug in and insert a video that way. i currently have a bunch of videos that are in windows media player format, but rather than just making links, and clicking on the video and viewing it from a webpage, i want to set it up so that users of the site have to download the videos to view them. anyone know how to do this, or could help me out at all?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Your request is unusual in that most websites want to prevent people from downloading files and block right clicking, or use other methods. You can disable either right or left clicking using Javascript, but with so many firewalls and virus scanners around, and other methods of blocking script, it may not always work. You can also just nicely ask people to right click and save as. Most people will do it if they know you don't mind them downloading your material.