Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

yellow mark with exclamation mark..HELP

• Please log in to reply

hedgehog88

hedgehog88

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
hello...today i came to the computer and found out that both my cd burner and cd rom arent working. i went to the device manager, (theres a yellow mark with an exclamation makr),right clicked on the driver, properties and it says ...Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41).

anyone know how about am i suppose to fix this?

Advertisements

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 875 posts
what's new on your computer? any new hardware? any new software? has any software been removed?

what have you tried to do to fix it?

hedgehog88

hedgehog88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

what's new on your computer? any new hardware? any new software? has any software been removed?

what have you tried to do to fix it?

View Post

theres nothing new on my computer. i will have to ask my sisters since they have been on more than me.

the only thing i have tried is going to the LG driver download site to download the driver but nothing happened

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 875 posts
please post the Driver Version and Driver Date listed for each in device manager.

Start>Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>DVD/CD-ROM Devices
right click on the cdrom
then left click on properties
record Device Version & Driver Date

repeat for DVD

hedgehog88

hedgehog88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

please post the Driver Version and Driver Date listed for each in device manager.

Start>Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>DVD/CD-ROM Devices
right click on the cdrom
then left click on properties
record Device Version & Driver Date

repeat for DVD

View Post

HL-DT-ST CD-ROM GCR-8520B
DATE: 7/1/2001
VERSION: 5.1.2535.0

HL-DT-ST CR-RW GCE-8520B
DATE: 7/1/2001
VERSION: 5.1.2535.0

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 875 posts
let's uninstall each driver, then reboot and let windows reinstall the drivers. then, please check for the yellow flags and post the uninstall/reinstall results.

if you hear from your sisters, find out if they made any changes to the PC recently(like right before this happened).

hedgehog88

hedgehog88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

let's uninstall each driver, then reboot and let windows reinstall the drivers. then, please check for the yellow flags and post the uninstall/reinstall results.

if you hear from your sisters, find out if they made any changes to the PC recently(like right before this happened).

View Post

everything looks the same as before. do you think anything fried?

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 875 posts

do you think anything fried?

no, not at this point. did you smell smoke or burning?

hedgehog88

hedgehog88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

no, not at this point. did you smell smoke or burning?

View Post

i fixed it already. i restored to it a point with i didnt install the itune. i think the itune program messed it up. but thank you for you help.

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 875 posts
thank you for sharing your fix. good troubleshooting to find a restore point prior to itune installation.