Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Nividia Graphics Cards

• Please log in to reply

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Hey People,

I have a Nvidia grachics card. I read the instructions for the first time on how to install it correctly.

One of them was to disable that AV you use so i did that.

Now I have noticed (cause last time i always did it with my AV turned on) that when i go into the task manager and I find that there are 2 rundll32.dll things in there, thats cool I know why that is.

But then when i did a virus scan I noticed that it scanned the shall32.dll twice and I cannot figure out why, its only scanning that one twice.

Could this be cause the graphics drivers COULD be using that as well?

I have been in the AV furom for the AV that I use and they said that it could be that its in my start up twice. But the thing is I cannot find it in there at all.

I have only found rundll32.dll twice, Not that shall32.dll.

my av is not pickin it as a virus, but I just need to know why it could be happening.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,501 posts
shall32.dll , or shell32.dll?

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
shell32.dll

Edited by Tony_1983, 25 July 2005 - 11:36 PM.