Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dislocated CDRW Drive Tray

• Please log in to reply

teleflips

teleflips

• Pip
  • 3 posts
So after writing to the disk, my drive automatically ejects the tray for my disk removal pleasure. Unfortunately, this resulted in the tray projecting into my path. Surely you can see this coming... I basically ripped the tray out of the drive with my quad as I walked by. :tazz: OK, so it was hanging out at a 45 degree angle... I was able to take it all the way out so it wasn't in the walkway, and nothing in the tray or drive looks broken. Attempting to reinsert the tray didn't work since I couldn't get it in more than an inch or so before meeting much resistance. The brand is JustLink. This situation is a bit dire as the boss is out of the country for another week and I'm the one in charge, and normally use this drive daily to backup sales data. ;)
Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Hard to describe, but you can remove the drive from the system, remove the top, and replace the tray.

teleflips

teleflips

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the tip. I'll give 'er a go. We're a bit remote, so it would be cheaper to buy a new one than bring in the pros. Wish me luck!

teleflips

teleflips

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Just a follow up... I got someone to pull out the cdrw drive, but couldn't see a way to pull off the top. That same someone managed to get the tray back in the drive by tilting it up a bit. They consequently gave up when the feed wasn't working quite right. Since I had more invested in getting this fixed, I dinked around with it until I got it to begin the feed at the right spot. Now it works like a champ. Hallelujah!