Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What Do You Think

• Please log in to reply

Jiggaman801

Jiggaman801

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hey guys (and gals) I just ordered a new laptop through Dell... had an awesome deal through Slickdeals.net... Give me some opinions

Inspiron 9300 Intel® Pentium® M Processor 740 (1.73 GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)

Display 17 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen XGA+ Display

Memory 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz 2 Dimm

Video Card 256MB NVIDA® GeForce™ Go 6800

Hard Drive 80GB Hard Drive

Operating System Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition

Network Card Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem

CD/DVD Drives 8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer write capability

Wireless Networking Card Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200 Internal Wireless (802.11 b/g, 54Mbps)

Primary Battery 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery (53 WHr)

Original Price was $2,474.00 but I got it for $1,484.00... will be gaming on this laptop (hopefully) I know the 6800 is a battery killer but I'll probably have it plugged in most of the time... thanks

Advertisements

ThunderT

ThunderT

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
You'll be able to game with that without any problems. I have a 17" widescreen Compaq notebook for work - you will really enjoy the big screen! Yes, you will need to plug it in since the battery will drain fast while gaming, but most notebooks run at a slower clock when running on batteries (it's set-up in Windows that way by default if it knows it's a notebook) so to get full performance, plugging it in will be a must. I would recommend investing $50-$100 in good speakers/headphones as the quality of most notebook speakers can be very disappointing.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
everything but the xp home looks solid