Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

mouse and keyboard problem

• Please log in to reply

lips20

lips20

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am currently visiting my parents and brought my computer along with me. I just plugged it in and my computer will not recognize my mouse or keyboard. I don't know how to fix this problem. So I unhook mine and plug my moms back in and her computer does the same thing, but her computer was working when I unplugged it. So now I am on a neighbors computer trying to fix it. I can't leave my mom without a computer.

Advertisements

lips20

lips20

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
both computers are running windows xp professional

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 875 posts
are the keyboard and mouse connectors ps2 type(round)? if so, they may be swapped.

warning: do not hot swap ps2 devices. make sure the power is off when installing or disconnecting ps2 devices.

lips20

lips20

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am an idiot :tazz:

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 875 posts
don't feel bad - there's a good reason someone would know about this, they've done it too. I'm sure there are many experts out there who have swapped the connections.