Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VGA Slot - HP Pavilion a420a

• Please log in to reply

runningneck

runningneck

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi people. I'm only new to all this so sorry if its all a bit dodgey <_<

I recently downloaded the official benchmark program for Final Fantasy XI. After finding it did not work correctly I downloaded the driver updates and now its works fine, however I have a new problem.

Upon watching the video the benchmark presents all I can view are the unrendered models that come across the screen. The movements lag, and the text does not appear. Even the score that the benchmark is supposed to provide does not appear at all.

Every one I have asked about this problem has told me that I need a newer Video card. The problem is I do not know if my system would have a AGP slot on it to upgrade the card. I know at the moment it has a VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP onboard card, but does this mean I can't upgrade it?

Is there any other reason that my system would not run the benchmark correctly, and eventually the actual game? My system specs are as follows:

AMD Athalon 2800+
256 DDR Ram
HP Pavilion 061 DT063A motherboard
40 GB Harddrive
VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP

I would be so happy if any one could tell me what the problem is, and suggest any type of hardware i might require. Thanks for your time.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Hi runningneck, welcome to Geeks to Go. Download and run the Belarc Advisor, and past the results back to this thread:
http://www.belarc.co...ams/advisor.exe

Then we can see what options are avaialble for your system. <_<

runningneck

runningneck

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Alrighty, I've done all that. Is there anything is particular I should look for?