Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new graphics card

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well since you sound like you eventually will build a new pc something along the lines of a 6200 or a x700 will do you fine for now. I in all honestly cannot think what the dell people are sokin but unless they have a modified bios runnin on there boards which would be a very unusual thing to do it should be fine. You should have asked her why.

Advertisements

ThunderT

ThunderT

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
yes it would do for a good while. I've had the same computer for 3 years and it's only now starting to really show it's age a little bit - but it can run most modern games without any problems.

gritbox

gritbox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
she just said that it would not work on my motherboard but my pc is only a year or so old so i find that confusing. i need my pc to be able to handle the new wave of games coming out tho so im not sure

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I honestly think they are talking [bleep]. Dell use generic parts but even they are nt configured to limit gfx memory. Again i would ask them for a reason specifically, that way we can tell you for sure wether they are talking crap.

gritbox

gritbox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
ok i will thanks, ill get back to you..