Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HardDrive

• Please log in to reply

-=Ac3=-

-=Ac3=-

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Hi guyz, i have a samsung hardrive model SW0212A it is a 2.1gig hardrive (yes i know small ;) ) but, im having issues the hard drive has recently been loading data really slowly. I dont have any OS on it just one game, i tried several reformats and even trying the harddrive on other computer but still the same results, SLOW SLOW LOADS. Could this be a bad sector problem, also i couldnt find a way to reformat the hard drive FULLY without a quick one, i even tried doing it through the bios but an error about scsi drivers came up; about disabling them or something. But is there anything i can do to make the hard drive run better. My 900mb hardrive runs better, its embarrasing ;)
Hope YOU can HELP :tazz:

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

I don't know if low levwl formatting will help you problem or not as it depends on the cause of the problem obviously. However, want you need in order to do that, is either a zero-fill utility or try this one from Samsungs website :
http://www.samsung.c...ties/shdiag.htm

It has the option of low levelling formatting as well as diagnosing any problems with the drive