Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Modem driver following XP installation

• Please log in to reply

coyoteracer11

coyoteracer11

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I just installed Windows XP on an old laptop (IPC TopNote F 219). It works fine and has reinstalled all the drivers bar one - the PC modem driver.

We bought the laptop some years ago without any driver CD or anything. I suspect I can get it from the internet but IPC website is hopeless and the FAQ are all about Win 95 and 98. In any case even if I found a driver I can't get on the internet with that machine to download it!

It's a built in modem, it's coming up on the Windows XP device manager as "PCI modem" and the instruction book doesn't say what kind of modem it is. The sticker on the back says it's a Modem 56k V.90.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you tried installing the modem with don't detect my modem then choose driver from list and selecting any standard 56K V.90 drivers listed

coyoteracer11

coyoteracer11

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
That didn't quite work but I found another modem on the computer which seems to, so it connects now. Many thanks. :tazz: