Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Multiple Accounts in Outlook Problem

• Please log in to reply

jackburton

jackburton

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey guys while I'm trying to solve one problem (in another thread) I'll throw another one at ya that's been bugging me:

I have Outlook 2000 and I have multiple email accounts in it -- 4 to be exact -- and of course one is set at default. When I compose new mail, I don't see any option to switch from the default account to the other 3 as the sender (it's defaulted/automatic that all new mail I send MUST be using my default account).

I know that Express allows you to do this (basically it's a pulldown menu that you can just choose which account you want to send the mail) -- but did I forget to click on something in Outlook when I was setting it up? How come it doesn't give me an option to choose to send my mail via any other email account besides the default one?

Hmm, does that even make sense?

Advertisements

Daddybot

Daddybot

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When you are composing the message, does the 'Send' button look different? It should have a down-arrow so you can select which account to send through - push down-arrow and choose account. Just pushing 'Send' will send through default account.