Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help with XP Pro (emachine T-2895)

• Please log in to reply

smaug

smaug

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My( 2 yr. old) computer came with xp home & office...I wanted xp pro! I didn't have a start up disk or a rescue disk, so i couldn't reformat it for a "clean boot".....so, (this is where i messed up) I loaded the xp pro cd and proceeded to delete the partition that held the program and replace it with the xp pro.......now.....I have no sound!..I'm sure it didn't load the drivers as i can;t find them anywhere......In "device manager"..........it says no device driver......If i can't get them back (which i've been told is nearly if not completely impossible) I want to install a new sound card, but have been told i need to disable everything that has to do with the motherboard sound devices..............Am i making any sense??...........I'm really new to this so any help will be greatly appreciated!....I'm trying not to give my PC......... "Flight lessons!"...........hahaha Thanx!....( hope i did this right)

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
go to the manufacturer's website and download the drivers for your card then install them. if you're wanting to get a new sound card all you would have to do is go to the device manager and disable the current onboard one then plug the new one into the board.

emachine drivers can be found here http://www.emachineupgraders.info/

smaug

smaug

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Dave!!....That address helped me get exactly what i needed! You're alright.....I don't care what they say! :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
who is this "they" of which you speak? i need to know specific names for the hitmen