Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant recognize my ipod...

• Please log in to reply

tippylouise88

tippylouise88

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Im not very good with computers and I need some help...I recently plugged my ipod into my computer to update it and fill it with new songs...and when I did (with the usb cable) my computer popped up with a sign that said " You have inserted a disk containing no volumes that Mac OS X can read. To continue witht he disk inserted, click Ignore." and has the options of "Initialize", "Ignore", and "Eject"...how do I fix this problem? I dont have to software to install my ipod again, if thats what I need to do...Please help! Thanks...

Advertisements

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hi,

I am assuming you are using Mac OS X to work with your Ipod. You can always re-download the Itunes software from the Mac website if you need to re-install the software.

As for the Ipod, it does sound as if it is not initialized. You could try plugging it into a different USB port. I occasionally have a similar problem with my old USB thumbdrive where if it isn't plugged in all the way, Windows will tell me that the drive is unformatted and provides similar options. I fix this by simply trying a different USB port.

Cheers,
Tom

Im not very good with computers and I need some help...I recently plugged my ipod into my computer to update it and fill it with new songs...and when I did (with the usb cable) my computer popped up with a sign that said " You have inserted a disk containing no volumes that Mac OS X can read. To continue witht he disk inserted, click Ignore." and has the options of "Initialize", "Ignore", and "Eject"...how do I fix this problem? I dont have to software to install my ipod again, if thats what I need to do...Please help! Thanks...

View Post