Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Registry Cleaners

• Please log in to reply

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a software that is free and SAFE to clean out the regisrty?

Edited by Tony_1983, 26 July 2005 - 07:36 PM.

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Hi Tony,

I use this one and here are the directions:
  • Please dowload: RegSeeker.
  • Click on "Clean The Registry" in the left panel.
  • Check all boxes (make sure the backup box in the lower left corner is selected!).
  • After it runs, click "Select All" on the bottom, then right-click on any selected item in the window and select "Delete Selected Items".
  • Click "Quit RegSeeker".
Now, open any of your installed programs, and make sure that everything opens ok. If so, reboot, then go back and run the RegSeeker again, do the same thing again if anything is found. When RegSeeker finds nothing else, then it's clean!

Thanks,

:tazz:

Excal

Guest_anynamewilldo_*

Guest_anynamewilldo_*

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a software that is free and SAFE to clean out the regisrty?

View Post

Hey Tony,
I'm sure you could screw yourself over with ANY registry cleaner if you have corruption on your disk or some other variables fall into place. But I can recommend a couple I've used without incident. Good luck.

free:
reg healer
regclean
reg seeker

not free:
Iolo's Mechanic

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
So this software is completly safe to use?

Cause there are a lot of things that Im not sure with about the registry and I dont what to screw up my computer.

Thank you for the link to Excal

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
I have used it with no ill effects on my computer

Excal

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

Hey Tony,
I'm sure you could screw yourself over with ANY registry cleaner if you have corruption on your disk or some other variables fall into place. But I can recommend a couple I've used without incident. Good luck.

free:
reg healer
regclean
reg seeker

not free:
Iolo's Mechanic

View Post

To be honest the Iolo's Machanic is the one that I used to use and that is why I am iffy on things like that now.

I just downloaded reg seeker and thank you all loads for this

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Awesome stuff, thank you heaps for helping with this Excal and anystupidassname.

I did a good clean up, and man I did not know how much junk that I had on my comptuer.

Thank you guys heaps

Edited by Tony_1983, 26 July 2005 - 08:11 PM.

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Microsoft RegClean is very dangerous to use since it has not been updated in years and breaks Microsoft Office among other applications. I don't know why it is still being hosted for download or recommended anywhere.