Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

installing windows xp

• Please log in to reply

wooza

wooza

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Abit KV7, hdd is maxtor 6y160m0

Advertisements

wooza

wooza

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
im also wondering how to become a geeks to go member of staff. My computer knowledge is EXTREMELY limited, but i feel i have the ability to listen and learn and put something back into the geeks to go community

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
HERE IS YOUR MANUAL

It will give you the proper SATA setup..

Murray

Guest_liam_lad_*

Guest_liam_lad_*
hey ive been on my mobo manufacturers web site and downloaded the SATA drivers, but it turns out they are too large for a floppy disk so how the [bleep] do i load them on during windows setup?

Guest_liam_lad_*

Guest_liam_lad_*
sorry to bother AGAIN but ive loaded the drivers i think i need from the VIA website. It loaded them and things seemed to be going well until the message "file tffsport.sys could not be found"

Any suggestions?

Lord_attilas

Lord_attilas

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi I have been experiencing problem like that when using SATA drive and Windows XP CD including Service Pack 1 !!!!! To be able to install Windows from scratch with a SATA HD, just get a Windows XP Service Pack 2 CD or just without any SP. With drive connected properly and by pressing F6 with the right driver on a disquette this should work fine !!! :tazz:

Good luck !!

Edited by Lord_attilas, 10 August 2005 - 07:43 AM.