Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

What do you think is a good PC Cleaner?

• Please log in to reply

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Heys Guys, Im back with more questions!!
If you read my other post,as it says I bought a new computer.....thats the good part, but im stuck with my old PC! Worthless piece of crap!So, since Im going to sell it can someone please tell me about a software that actually erase everything in the computer...and I mean everything!If you are thinking of 'What kind of stupid quetion is that?!?!'I know its stupid I can just format my hard-drive...but before I do that want to use a tool that will erase fles then i'll format it!! I dont know why, it makes me feel that then itz much cleaner!!lol!!
Thanks
Reagrds RockyIV

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If it is an old PC with a small hard drive, remove the hard drive, install a new one and sell it with the discs, or just install Windows so they can see it working.

The smart money goes with destroying the drive

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Thanks for the reply!
Well itz very very old!! and has a 15 gig Hard-Drive!
So should I get rid of the hard-drive?When you say disks, what does that mean?
Regards RockyIV

Edited by RockyIV, 26 July 2005 - 09:28 PM.

Irongeek

Irongeek

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

So, since Im going to sell it can someone please tell me about a software that actually erase everything in the computer...and I mean everything!If you are thinking of 'What kind of stupid quetion is that?!?!'I know its stupid I can just format my hard-drive...but before I do that want to use a tool that will erase fles then i'll format it

You answered your own question. Exactly as you stated, reformat the hard drive. When you reformat the hard drive you are erasing ALL files that were previously on the hard drive.

I dont know why, it makes me feel that then itz much cleaner!!lol!!

I highly doubt the person who is gonna buy this "piece of crap" PC as you stated is gonna use forensic software and attempt to retrieve your old data from your hard drive.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Sell it with the installation CD's for Windows and any programmes which will help it sell.

Irongeek is correct, and if you haven't been up to anything improper, what could anyone learn from the existing drive

If you still need to go ahead you can run killdisk

http://www.killdisk.com/

Only use the free version of this or any other drive erasers as purchasing one will cost the same as replacing a 15GB drive

Edited by Keith, 26 July 2005 - 09:39 PM.

Boo-Yeah

Boo-Yeah

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
:tazz:

Edited by Boo-Yeah, 26 July 2005 - 10:11 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It shouldn't be a problem

Edited by Keith, 26 July 2005 - 10:27 PM.

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
:tazz: I havn't done anything 'improper' ;) Itz just that, Im giving this to a school friend! So if he manages to get back this information,which I bet he'll try!! and if he tells people I'll be ruined!! For eg: my passwords, emails, messenger conversations and so on..So just to be on the safe side!!LOL
Thanks anyway, I'll format it!!
Regards RockyIV

Edited by RockyIV, 28 July 2005 - 06:54 PM.