Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NetGear Base Station lost bios

• Please log in to reply

.:sand:.

.:sand:.

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a NetGear wireless base station that randomly decided one day that the internal setup pages didn't exsist. It spreads any connection fed to it just fine and works as a 802.11 b wireless router w/ no secureity features. If i'd gotten it at a yard sale this'd be fine, but i paid 80 bucks for it. All attempts to contact it through mac, pc, anything else yield "404 notfound". Any suggestions on how to get it to call home for a bios update and where to find such files would be very appreciated. It's a version 2

Advertisements

Guest_anynamewilldo_*

Guest_anynamewilldo_*
A "hard reset" or whatever they call it would be in order here. Check the manual for the steps to do this (usually entails holding down a tiny recessed reset button with a pen or paperclip for a couple seconds)

This may reset settings as well! Make sure you have the information necessary to either restore or recreate your configuration (usually there is a backup feature)

Lets say for example you have the Netgear FWAG114. You'd go here for the manual:
http://www.netgear.c...ils/FWAG114.php

From that very same page you can download the latest firmware and there are instructions on how to apply it.

Hope that helps! Good luck.

Edited by anystupidassname, 26 July 2005 - 11:32 PM.