Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Moving Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 on new PC

• Please log in to reply

Daddybot

Daddybot

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just bought a new laptop and need to migrate my Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. My Outlook 2000 was orginally configured for MS Exchange, but reconfigured for Internet only (so I could keep the laptop when my employer went belly up) so some of my Outllok files do not seem to be in the expected directories. For example, my pst file is in My Docs, although my archive.pst is in the expected place. Which files are needed to migrate my messages, contacts and calendar? The other stuff I can re-create manually (rules, shortcuts, etc.). I've heard about new pst formats so I'm concerned that I want to get it right the first time. Much thanks for all assistance!

Advertisements