Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mail is delayed into Outlook from Exchange 2000

• Please log in to reply

ElkenZaal

ElkenZaal

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello!
I got an Exchange server 2000 on an windows server 2003 and on my client i got Windows XP and Outlook 2000.

My problem is that when someone send me a email it comes to the server and stays there, but does not show up in Outlook like it should automatically.
I have to open some other mail in my inbox or toggle between the inbox and another folder for the mailbox to refresh so the mail pops in.

I have tried uninstalling and repairing Outlook with no luck. Got SP 3 for Office and all patches is installed.

I have managed to repair this before by deleting the whole NT user profile on the computer but i hope i could find another way as it seems to come back after a while.

I thought maybe it could have something to do with external devices connected to the computer like PDA's or similar that is configured to connect and replicate with the mailbox.

The same user also got a laptop with the same cofiguration and the mail there works like a charm. But there is no external devices connected here.

Anyone experienced the same or that know what this can be?

Thanks

Espen

Advertisements

sawedoff

sawedoff

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Look at this link (or Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 815052, in case the link won't work)
http://support.micro...kb;en-us;815052

Edited by sawedoff, 27 July 2005 - 02:08 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
is your outlook configured to check for new mail on a regular basis? under tools > options > mail setup > click send recieve

ElkenZaal

ElkenZaal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
sawedoff. Thanks alot for that links. Its exactly what i experience just im on the inside of a ISa server with both exchange and the client but im sure ill manage to get something out of this. This particular client always have the Detect proxy automatically enabled in Internet Explorer so he might got that firewall thing from the ISA server. Will look into it when i got time.
thanks for the help