Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Intranet Managed Password Cleared After Reboot

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Support Staff. :tazz:

Please could you assist with my following query. ;)

I am apart of a domain, with our own Intranet.

We have two domains, lets call the Domain for XP DomainXP and The Domain for NT DomainNT.

I am apart of the DomainXP & our Intranet runs of an NT Server on DomainNT.

This issue I am experiencing is that, I set my DomainNT details in the Managed Passwords in the User Accounts in the Control Panel. I am then able to open our Intranet. When I reboot my PC, my Managed Password for DomainNT is cleared.

I then add the Managed Password in again, can access the Intranet, upon reboot the Managed Password is again cleared. :)

I am running Windows XP SP1. IE6SP1. Comapny policy restricts us from updating the Service Packs.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. :(

Thank You.

Darren Shoobert