Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Start Up XP

• Please log in to reply

jimmy_mac

jimmy_mac

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
New computer with Foxconn MOBO, 2.9 Mhz Celeron, 1.5gb ram, 160 gb HD. When I got this it ran real fast. Loaded XP, waited a week to Activate my XP.
Don't have much on HD.
Start up: post page(Foxconn) last 1 min 5 sec ??, then it gets to windows with the green bars scrolling sideways, 30 sec, then it goes blank for another minute, then windows main screen comes up. All in all about 3 minutes! It runs fine as far as all programs...but it is like watching paint dry.
I have seen many post about windows XP being slow but the Foxconn MOBO screen is wierd...over a minute at the post screen?
Have tried msconfig and the startup stuff. Optimized my BIOS. Ran drivers for the MOBO.
Other pertinent info, could not avtivate windows XP at first. Loaded XP a second time and then it worked. (Via telephone and the Cloak and dagger method with those numbers).
Also, when I start up the hard drive light does notheing for about a minute (this is during the Foxconn post screen). There is also no dard drive activity for another minute before the windows screen comes up.
I am on the verge of re-formatting and starting over. :-( :tazz:

Advertisements