Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer problems!

• Please log in to reply

woody1977

woody1977

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
I have an Epson Stylus Photo RX425, and whenever I try to print anything on a full A4 page, it only prints half a page. Every 3rd or 4th attempt, it will print the whole page, but it drinks ink fast enough, without having to print everything 3 or 4 times. I have tried printing with windows fax veiwer, nero photosnap veiwer, photoimpression 5 and paint shop pro 9, I get the same results with all of them.

I have just doen a full re-install, completely wiped the hard drive and started agian, installed the drivers, it is plugged into usb port 1, does this make a difference??

cheers woody.

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Topic: Printer USB Epson RX425
Date: 27th July- 2005

Could not find any info on RX425. Is it RX420?? From UK??

Need to know more details of your system – printer –and problem.
1- Did you update from Win-98?? or is this a new XP install? >>Details
2- What service pack with XP?
3- How old is printer? Is it new to your present system configuration? >>Details
4- Is your system a laptop? or Desktop? Tower?

Have you searched for more current driver? If you did update from Win-98 then you probably need win2000 driver.
Make sure you are printing full page & not printing - “current view” – or “photo size”.

Have you printed out a Test page – Do you have a manual on printer?

Could be an issue with Win 2000XP & what service pack you have: / may have had an issue with USB Interface.

How many USB ports do you have? You said it was in USB Port 1 . . . Do you mean in the port next to Mouse & Keyboard port?

Is USB part of motherboard or is it an expansion card??
If Card - -Name & Model Number.

Need some more details; so I know what direction to start out on. . . Could just be a printer setup problem.

Jack123

Edited by Jack123, 27 July 2005 - 12:01 PM.

woody1977

woody1977

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Yeah I'm from the UK, it says it's a 425, but I think that it is also a 420 for info's sake.

I have xp sp2, it was a packardbell destructive smart restore, it came with sp1, I updated to sp2. The printer is about 6 months old, it installed well, no problems, with the cd that came with it. My system is a packardbell ixtreme 6052, celeron 2.6ghz.

There are 2 usb ports at the back of pc, next door to the ethernet plug in.

There is a more current driver, I installed this using the directions on the epson website, and it didn't work, then I did the install. I am at work at the mo, do you think it maybe an idea to put the new driver on again??

any other info you need, I have looked on the net via google, but to no avail.

Thanks for your help.

cheers woody

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Hi Woody1977

I have tried printing with windows fax veiwer, nero photosnap veiwer, photoimpression 5 and paint shop pro 9, I get the same results with all of them.

Would you be able to take your printer to a friends house and install it on their cp to see if it is the printer. It might be even though it is only 6 months old, if you are having the same issues with every program it might be just something physical with the printer.

If it works great on your friends cp then it has to be a software setting or issue on your cp. Lets try running the printer on another cp.

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Topic: Printer USB Epson RX425
Date: 278h July- 2005

Yes Install the updated driver per Epson instructions – only if driver is a ----:
USB Windows 2000 XP version.

Are you in the US now? If you are, is your printer set for US or European power - or are you using an convertor? Just curious -

When was printer installed? Before the update to SP2 (or after)? Did printer ever work in the six months?

When did failure start to show up? Any windows updates - - -right before failure?

Looks as if your motherboard supports USB 1.1 & has 4 USB ports? What is BIOS set for?

I was able to find specs for RX425 . – Looks as if the interface is USB 1.1

–How much memory in buffer?

How does the printer print with a simple full page of text? Still ˝ page? Do you have a manual or is it a -pdf -file on your installation CD?

What does Device Manager report on driver installed ? Any Yellow ! or D

Go to:
My Computer>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>System Tools>
>System Information>Components>

>Printing __________________???_

>Problem Devices ___________________???

>USB ___________________????----USB Printing Support . . . . Epson???

Jack123

Edited by Jack123, 28 July 2005 - 05:22 AM.

woody1977

woody1977

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Hi, thanks for the replies guys, but it has come down to a basic overlook on my part. I didn't have the paper in straight, and didn't have the paper holder effort pushed all the way up, resulting in the printer not being able to verify what size the paper was. :tazz:

Sorry to have troubled you on such an amount of stupidness on my behalf.

Thanks again.

Cheers woody.

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
OK -
Thought maybe you were trying to test our troubleshooting techniques!? I was really trying to make it hard??? And I am basically a HARDWARE Guy, but that is why I was trying to locate a manual. . .

Most problems are solved by a simple fix. . . . Always go back to basics. But we still learned something!!

Cheers,
Jack123