Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Print Spooler Trouble

• Please log in to reply

daveyboyd

daveyboyd

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hi, I am having great difficulty with my print spooler - I am getting the "Error 1068. Dependancy service or group failed to start" message, I have gone through the fixes on this post -

Spooler Fix 1

- but to no avail, in fact when I try to access the registry as instructed to in this post -

Spooler Fix 2

- I have different folders (no driver folder or version 2, 3 etc) to delete. I am going out of my nut with this, the printer was working one minute and then off then next, no upgrade or owt, please help, thanks, Dave

Advertisements

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
1. The only dependency for the Spooler is RPC, is that enabled?
2. What printer do you have?
3. How many printers do you have installed?
4. Has this printer ever worked before?
5. When did you install SP2?
6. Are you having any other problems with your system?

daveyboyd

daveyboyd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I have a Lexmark X1150 series printer which was working perfectly long after the install of SP2, also I have a Lexmark Personal Picture Maker (I think its a z11) which also worked fine. No other problems with my system that I know of, completed all types of Virus scans and Check Discs, although I think this problem started when I used DiskKeeper to Defrag my drive, thats the only thing I can think of as a cause. RPC is running.

Edited by daveyboyd, 28 July 2005 - 10:21 AM.

daveyboyd

daveyboyd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Please Help!

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Removed -- spam!

Edited by admin, 29 November 2005 - 10:44 PM.

daveyboyd

daveyboyd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Arghhhhhh! I have tried the lot, my system is clean as a whistle but still it wont install my printer, says something about dependancy groups not starting. Is there anything else I can run to sort this out, it cant be that hard to install a printer, can it?

daveyboyd

daveyboyd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Can anyone out there help me with this, I am in desperate need to use my printer!

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
The print spooler only has one dependancy which is RPC.

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Removed -- spam!

Edited by admin, 29 November 2005 - 10:44 PM.

daveyboyd

daveyboyd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I have done as you said but I think I have deleted my TCP/IP protocol files, I have all but the tcpmon.ini flie in my system32 dir. Where can I download this file from, if anywhere, I think it is this that is stoping me installing my plug and play printer. . .i hope anyhow!

Advertisements

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Look for a file called tcpmon.ini_bak. Have you contacted Lexmark? Because this is their problem, they caused it and should be trying to get it resolved.

daveyboyd

daveyboyd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Havent contacted Lexmark but I will, searched for backup file tcpmon.ini_bak but I dont seem to have one!

daveyboyd

daveyboyd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Ignore my last, I have found my tcpmon.ini folder but still I cannot select to install a TCP/IP port manually, there is no option to only "local"? This is really wrecking my head now!

geofri

geofri

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Have been following along ... just thought I'd ask
if You right click My Computer and then select Manage... Services and Applications/ Services... does the Lexmark Service (LexBce Server service) run on startup? Causes lots of problems. See http://members.shaw....m#LexmarkDriver

daveyboyd

daveyboyd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
No, the spooler system is now working but the drivers still wont install, when I come to install the software I now get an error saying "Error occured during installation. The specified print monitor is unknown" - any ideas? I think is an error code 3000

Edited by daveyboyd, 08 August 2005 - 11:19 AM.