Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics Card Confusion

• Please log in to reply

BenB864

BenB864

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I recently bought HL2 for my computer, a Sony Vaio PCV-RX550, and after installing it realized i needed something to that would allow me to play the game better. After some research i bought the eVGA Geforce 6800 which i read allowed many people to play the game. After installing the card on my system though i see no improvements at all, it seems like i have the old Geforce 5200 in my comp, the graphics are seemingly identical, the game still runs pretty slow on all graphics set to low. I'm not sure what the problem could be, other than my computer. If someone could tell me if i need to reinstall the drivers, update the AGP minislot...and how to do so or if it is something else please help me, i just dropped 200$ on this card and it hasnt helped at all.....

Thanks ben

Advertisements

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Could you post your system specs? I would like to know how much RAM, Disk space, CPU speed, etc. This actually sound slike it may be a problem due to insufficient RAM, or a slow CPU, not necessarily the video card.

--Chris

PS. also, make sure to get the latest drivers from the manufactureres website, this should also help.