Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Problem with windows 2000

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
When I try to download AIM or Netscape or Opera it doesnt work. Firefox will let me download it but wont let me install it. When i try to install it it says Error occurred during installation - Cross Platform COM: -215 READ_ONLY

Not sure whats going on. When I try to download AIM I get this Error.....
Internet Explorer cannot download Install_AIM.exe from download.newaol.com.

Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.

It says that every time. not sure what the deal is. Can someone help me?

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Maybe ur administrator has restricted U from doing so.

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey I am having the same issue with this message stating "Internet Explorer cannot download Install_AIM.exe from download.newaol.com." etc. I am still lost as to how to fix it! I have tried just clicking the download button on aim.com, I have tried right clicking and saving as, I have also tried just using AIM Express and none of the above actually work for me the AIM Express doesn't give me this error but it just stays on a blank white screen that says "Loading..." on the top! If someone could help me solve this problem I would be much appreciated! Thank You! Also I have tried to download Firefox or Safari or anything onto my laptop and they all are not downloading for some reason. Everything gets stuck on the download screen with the 0%.

Edited by theod1987, 06 February 2009 - 09:36 AM.