Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant read disk?

• Please log in to reply

uzouba

uzouba

• Pip
  • 2 posts
when I try to use my factory installed cd burner 52*32*52 teh computer will prompt me to put in an empty disk. but after I put in an empty disk it will not show up on the computer, rather the computer will tell me to " please insert writable media in Atapi:/c"
Im not sure why this is happening

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have another cd burner Iused to use but now whenever I try to burn audio media, the disk will come out "empty" I mean the nero program that i'm using will say "burn process succesful" , but when i look at the disk it looks like it hasn't been burned, and when i try to play it in any cd player it will not work. imean the compuetr said the drive was burning and had created a log of the burn process until it was finished but when the burner ejected the disk there was nothing on it?

Advertisements

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Trying using a different brand of CDR media and recording at a slower speed. Also make sure you have updated NERO to the latest version.

What Operating System are you using?
Are you doing anything while the CD is burning?
What brand is the CDRW drive?