Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

windows Me won't boot up

• Please log in to reply

tim hicks

tim hicks

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My hp 9880 PC won't allow me to get past the Windows Me window. I have tried safe mode and all I get is my wallpaper with no icons or start menu. I do not want to restore because I have vasluable files that I can not erase. Can someone help?

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Can you make your hard drive a slave in another computer? One possible problem with doing this is, if the problems are caused by malware the other computer may become infected. But it gives you a chance of recovering your files.

Did you notice any problems before this happened, and what is the likelyhood that malware might be involved?

Edited by Tyger, 27 July 2005 - 04:49 PM.